- Using the services of a private home tutor can often give students a much needed confidence boost.
- Improved Confidence can lead to an improved performance in the classroom. This could affect the papers that the student is ultimately entered for, and therefore their final grade.
- The 121 nature of private home tuition allows weaknesses to be identified and help given to improve.
- Careful monitoring can ensure the whole syllabus is covered, something that can be difficult in schools with an increasingly demanding curriculum.
- Tutors can provide support for revision, and support parents that are trying to get their child to revise effectively.
What do you, as a parent or carer, need to do ?
- Ensure that your child has a quiet place to work and study.
- If you do employ a private tutor ensure that they have a quiet place to work with your child. This should NOT be your child's bedroom.
- Ensure that the tutor is DBS checked.
- Do not leave it too late!